Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Tango is a platform that uses computer vision to give devices the ability to understand their position relative to the world around them. For instance, how eyes navigate, determine location and understand the environment. These physical relationships are an essential part of how we move through our daily lives. We want to give mobile devices this similar kind of understanding.
Tango starts by taking a standard Android device and adds an additional wide-angle camera, a depth sensing camera, more accurate sensor timestamping, and a software stack that exposes this capability via APIs to mobile applications. With Tango, developers can create applications that can explore physical space around the user, including precise navigation without GPS, windows into virtual 3D worlds, measurement of spaces, and games that know where they are in the room and what’s around them.
The Google Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality team is a fast moving group of engineers, designers, and research scientists tasked with building the foundations for great immersive and augmented reality apps and prototyping novel, delightful user experiences. We are focused on making virtual reality accessible to millions of people through mobile devices, and its scope continues to grow and evolve.
- Design and build advanced apps for the Android platform.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build tools, libraries and engine integrations to make developing AR/VR applications easier
- Support local, high touch partners with app development and build technical demonstrations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with 3D graphics, OpenGL and high performance rendering.
- Experience in hands-on robotics research and experience in mapping and navigation in visual SLAM and dense reconstruction.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Python
- Experience with game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine).
- Experience in computational photography
- Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development (either Android or iOS).